Our Technical and Quality Team work hard to ensure that the food and drinks we serve are safe and of the best possible quality. The main areas are:
- Responsibility Deals
- Nutrition and Allergens
- Sourcing and Traceability of our products
- Ensuring all products listed comply with TRG Food Policy. Our policy covers Animal Welfare, Sustainable Fish Sourcing, Removal of colours linked to hyperactivity in children and no addition of Trans Fats
- Ethical Trading
The Restaurant Group has been a partner of the Public Health Responsibility Deal, launched by the Department of Health since 2011. Since then we’ve committed to pledges across alcohol, food and physical activity.
- We are committed to tackling underage alcohol sales by operating Challenge 21 in all of our establishments and Challenge 25 in Scotland.
- We commit to foster a culture of responsible drinking. We offer very low alcohol beer and a wide range of alcohol free mocktails, soft drinks and milkshakes. Many of our concessions restaurants also offer a low alcohol wine. Click here to download our responsible drinking policy.
- We achieved the 2012 salt targets for the products we procure and are now working towards the 2017 salt targets. We also pledged that over 50% of the volume of products we procure will be within the guidelines by 2017. By May 2015 we reached 81%.
- We removed all artificial trans fats from our products in 2008 and continue to monitor all new products.
- We are committed to offering a healthy choice for our customers and offer a free side of vegetables with all kids meals.
- Frankie & Benny’s have a long history of sponsoring local junior sports teams, not only providing kits for the teams and support at matches, but also inviting them for end-of-season celebratory dinners in our restaurants.
Nutrition & Allergens
Frankie & Benny’s offer a gluten-free menu endorsed by Coeliac UK and Chiquito offers a Gluten Intolerance Choices menu. Our other brands offer a range of non-gluten containing items. Each brand has a website which allows customers to create their own specific menu based on dietary requirements. We offer full allergen information for food and drink for all of our leisure and concessions brands in accordance with EU legislation.
We also offer a number of ‘Lighter Options’ choices on our Frankie & Benny’s menu, with starters under 350 calories and main courses under 600 calories.
Traceability and Sourcing
- All meat and fish products or products with meat and fish as an ingredient purchased by TRG are fully traceable to farm or catch. We purchase a number of products to higher welfare standards such as Red Tractor and where possible source Marine Stewardship Council certified fish products.
- We are pleased to announce that we have signed the European Chicken Commitment, thereby committing to meet or exceed the standards set out in the ECC by 2026 for 100% of the chicken across our entire portfolio.
Colours Linked to Hyperactivity in Children
- We have removed the “Southampton Institute” colourings that can cause hyperactivity in children from all TRG branded products.
- TRG is a member of the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange ("SEDEX"), which facilitates measurement and improvement in ethical business practices across the supply chain; currently 203 of our food and non-food suppliers provide information describing their procedures and practices to the Group via SEDEX.